Monday, January 1, 2018

Meredith's Monday Musings: The New Year





Hi All!

Happy New Year! I seriously cannot believe that it’s already 2018. I feel like just yesterday we were celebrating the 2017 new year. Time sure flies by! 

Today’s Meredith’s Monday Musing is all about: the new year!

A lot changed for me in 2017. Some of the changes I foresaw happening such as: graduating college, getting a job, etc. Some other changes, I couldn’t predict such as: me self-publishing my first book. It’s been a crazy year, but overall I’m happy with it. I learned a lot of valuable lessons, some more painful than others, but as crazy as this sounds, I really feel like I grew this past year as a person. 



At the beginning of 2017, I read something about starting a “happiness jar”. Basically, whenever you did something that made you feel happy during the year, you wrote it down on a little slip of paper and put it in the jar. Then on New Year’s Eve, you read them. I thought this was a cool idea, so I did it. At first, I thought I wouldn’t have much to add to the jar, but boy was I wrong! It was pretty stuffed by the end of the year! ;-) 

I loved doing it so much, I’m going to do it again for 2018. Nothing like reading over your past happy thoughts at the end of the year to end on a happy, high note. ;-) 

With 2018 here, I’m trying to think about some goals I want to set for myself. I want them to be realistic. I’ve put a lot of thought into it and I really like the idea of setting a goal to release 1 new book, no matter the size, every 3 months. Now I know to some authors that sounds crazy and like I should be able to release a new book every 6 weeks. However, I’m a slow writer, I don’t pretend not to be and I also have a full time job. So, writing sometimes just won’t happen after I get home from a long day at work. 



My second goal for the new year is to read one book a month. Again, I know to some this sounds crazy! However, since I got my full time job and I’ve been writing, I just haven’t had much of a chance to read. Honestly, I miss it! One big factor why I became an author was because of how much I loved to read. So, I’m going to really try hard and keep that goal. 

That’s all the goals I’m going to set for myself as an author. I’ll probably set a couple of personal goals, but they’re personal, so I don’t want to go broadcasting them. 

That’s all I have for now. I hope y’all have an amazing New Year! 


3 comments:

  1. You can always read info about parental control on https://bestparentalcontrolapps.com/iphone-ipad/. It's important to know in order to be responsible for your kids

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a wonderful information blog post on this topic allassignmentservices.com provides assignment service at affordable cost in a wide range of subject areas for all grade levels, we are already trusted by thousands of students who struggle to write their academic papers and also by those students who simply want do my assignment australia to save their time and make life easy.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Really I'm very happy to found such a great post today, Peoples are always looking informative and creative ideas on the internet and I think you have to covered with both in this post. Calculus Textbook Solution ManualsReally I'm very happy to found such a great post today, Peoples are always looking informative and creative ideas on the internet and I think you have to covered with both in this post. Calculus Textbook Solution Manuals

    ReplyDelete