Monday, November 6, 2017

Meredith's Monday Musings: Five Things I'm Grateful For







Hey All!

Happy Monday! Holy Smokes! We’re in November already. I seriously can’t believe it. Time is flying by so fast! Before we know it, it’ll be Christmas. 

Today’s Meredith’s Monday Musings post is all about: Five things I’m grateful for.

Before I begin, I’d like to say that there are of course more than five things I’m grateful for in my life. However, I can’t list them all because I’d be writing that list forever and I’m sure that none of you want to read every thing I’m grateful for. 




To start off, I’m of course grateful for my parents. My parents might drive me insane most of the time, but I am so thankful for them. Without both of their hard work and dedication to raising the best children they could, I wouldn’t be the person I am today. I can remember all the times my Dad helped me with my math homework, no matter how long it took to explain concepts to me and my Mom would proof read all of my papers. Or when I was struggling with reading, my Dad offered to read the Harry Potter series with me and we’d take turn reading pages out loud. He didn’t care that I stumbled over every other word, he’d never lost his patience in helping me sound out the words and keep going. 

Even as I’ve gotten older, they continue to support me. When my Mom, (an old school Catholic) found out that I was writing erotic books, her initial reaction was nothing but displeasure, (which she let me know often). However, after I explained to her how important this was to me and how much I loved writing, she began to support me. Now, she even asks questions about how my stories are doing. I know this might sound small, but it’s a huge step for a person who has a very different perspective on this topic. 

The second thing I’m grateful for is my friends. I know this sounds so generic, but it’s true. I wouldn’t be able to get through my work day if I didn’t have my friend at work making little jokes to make the day seem less boring. Don’t even get me started on my best friend. Despite the fact that she is pretty vanilla, she helps me get over at times being ashamed for what I write and helping encouraging me to keep going. 

The friends I’ve made online through my writing are absolutely amazing too. Whenever I’m having a bad day or get stuck with writing a story, I know that I can count on them to help me get past it. It’s pretty awesome. To say I’m spoiled when it comes to how many friends I have in real life vs my author life is an understatement. 





The third thing I’m grateful for are books, whether they be e-books or real, physical books. Ever since I was a little girl, I always loved to read. This continues today. There is such a comfort being able to escape into a different world and forget about my own for a bit. Through other people’s words, I can travel along with them to new places, get to learn about things I had never even known existed, or simply get swept up into a compelling story. Books are such magical objects and I will always be grateful for them.

The fourth thing I’m grateful for is libraries. I know, I just wrote above that I was grateful for books, so how can I now say that I’m grateful for libraries. Well, they are very different. I don’t know about y’all, but I enjoy going to my library at least once a week. Being able to check out books, DVDs, CDs, etc is so awesome. I have read so many books that I never would have even known about thanks to my library. I know most thing that this is the only thing that libraries have to offer, but it isn’t true. I go to my library when it’s time to grab my tax forms or if I need help on a project, I’ll go to a reference library. Nine times out of ten, they’ll be able to point me in the right direction and give me some great tips to make my project neat. Besides that, libraries everywhere, not just mine offer some serious great programs for people of all ages. It’s really awesome!




The last thing I’m grateful for is modern medicine. I know this sounds cheesy, but I mean it. Working in the health care field, I get to see the amazing benefits that modern medicine has on helping people get people. One hundred years ago, the rates of death from a disease were so much higher, people wouldn’t go to the doctors for fear of what they’d be told. Now, deaths from diseases are down. Heck, some diseases like polio, measles, etc we’ve almost eradicated from the world. That’s so great! Even looking at it on a much smaller scale, modern medicine is unbelievable. I have a sibling who has an autoimmune disease. She’s on a host of different drugs. With these, she’s able to function as a normal person and not have any complications with her life. If she didn’t have these drugs, she’d be in a lot of pain daily and she’d probably end up not making it to her 40th birthday. So, modern medicine is pretty awesome. 

Those are five things that I’m grateful for. Feel free to share some of the things that y’all are grateful for too! 

I hope everyone has a great day! 



4 comments:

  1. Just have a look at these advices if you want to know how to hack snapchat. It's quite important to know

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good morning students! Please, be very specific concerning the changes you would like, in order for your writer can fulfill your expectations. Our top online paper writing service knows all the newest writing styles and is able of formatting your essay based on the manner that you need to. You can check our super online ewriters.pro service and order assignments online, and will see how fast we can write your tasks.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Quite a capacious literary review. I completely agree with some facts. Recently, I also worked on an important work called "should i join a fraternity" I hope my experience will be timely advice for someone

    ReplyDelete