Monday, July 3, 2017

Meredith's Monday Musings: Fourth of July







Hi All!

Happy Fourth of July! What are y’all doing to celebrate this wonderful holiday? I don’t have much going on. I’ll be spending the day with my family, eating some delicious watermelon. I love watermelon in the summer. There’s nothing that can beat it! 

Today’s topic for Meredith’s Monday Musing is all about: Fireworks!

I have a love/hate relationship with these pretty displays. Ever since I was a young girl, I’ve always loved big, bold displays of color. I think no one will argue that fireworks produce some vibrant colors in the night sky. I could stare at them all night.

However, the thing I hate about fireworks is the noise. My ears are pretty sensitive and ever since I was a young girl, I haven’t been able to stand the sound of the blast when a firework goes off. I’ve tried wearing ear plugs, but I hate having little things shoved in my ears. It always makes me feel like there’s a huge bug trying to crawl its way inside my brain and eat it! YUCK!




The best compromise I’ve found for myself on this holiday is to spend the day outdoors with my family, but when nighttime comes; I’m the one who stays inside with the pets and watches the display on television. Every year my family will feel bad that I’m always the one to miss the live show, even though I’ve told them what feels like a million times why I DON’T want to go.

As a result, I’ve come to realize that watching fireworks inside on the big screen is actually much sweeter than watching them in person. For one, I have animals curled up next to me. Who doesn’t love having their furballs attached to you? Secondly, I can mute the noise on the television or turn it down pretty low, so the blasts of the fireworks going off won’t hurt my ears. Lastly, the view you get from the television is an aerial one, so I see those beautiful displays a heck of a lot better sitting in my home than I would sitting on a blanket outside. An added bonus, being able to stay at home to watch these displays means I don’t have to go out into a gigantic, loud crowd. I’m not anti-social, I just hate loud crowds.


That’s all I have today. I hope y’all have a very happy and safe fourth of July!!


1 comment:

  1. It's one of my fav national holidays in one line with National Honor Society day! I even used this important info when I had to write an essay about it

    ReplyDelete