Monday, January 30, 2017

Meredith's Monday Musings: Groundhog's Day




Hi All!

Happy Monday! I'm in a super good mood right now! I had a productive weekend and am ready to have just as productive of a week! Plus, my favorite holiday is coming up! Today's Meredith's Monday Musing post is all about: Groundhog's Day!

I have no idea how Groundhog's Day became an actual holiday. I can only imagine that it started with two drunk guys picking up a groundhog and deciding that, that animal was going to predict if we'd have an early spring or longer winter. Who knows, maybe Ben Franklin started it?

Groundhog's Day is my favorite holiday for the entire year. Why, you ask? For one, I love the idea of having a shortened winter. If any of you are friends with me on Facebook, you'll know that I hate the cold. So, I'm down to being told by an animal that an early spring is coming.




Furthermore, I love this holiday because there aren't any expectations for it. It seems like that with every other holiday, people have to eat certain foods, buy certain things, sing certain songs, etc. For Groundhog's Day, no rules apply. Therefore, there's no stress that goes along with it.

Lastly, I love Groundhog's Day because it is such the "underdog" when it comes to holidays. No one ever picks Feb-2nd as their favorite holiday. People will always say Christmas, Thanksgiving, Fourth of July, etc are their favorite holidays. It makes me feel bad for this holiday that no one views it as their favorite. (I know, it's a silly train of thought). So, I decided I would view it as mine.

I'm keeping my fingers crossed that Mr. Groundhog tells us that we'll have a shortened winter. What do y'all predict he'll say?

Happy Monday!


No comments:

Post a Comment