Monday, October 3, 2016

Meredith's Monday Musings: Don't judge a book by its cover!




Hey Everyone!!

Happy Monday! How are y'all doing this week? It's Monday, which means it's time for Meredith's Monday Musings!! This week's topic is all about...covers!!

Have any of you ever heard the phrase, 'don't judge a book by it's cover'. It means, don't look at a book cover (or substitute really anything here) and assume that you know everything about that book. For example, if I were to pick up the book, Bridge to Terabithia, I would assume that it's about two young kids who enjoyed playing together. I would be partially right, but there's so much more to the story than just two kids playing together.



Anyway, I was thinking about that quote and how I try to live by it. I never want to look at something or someone and judge them by their appearance. Because, I don't know what they've been through. I might look at someone who is smiling and laughing and assume that they're a happy person, but in truth, they might be really sad. I can't tell until I get to know them.

Then it dawned on me that as an author, I don't live by this quote. I want readers to judge my books by their covers. I want them to look at my covers and be like, 'Hey, those books looks super hot, I want to read them.' That's why I stress out so much about covers. I want my covers to grab readers' attention and make them want to buy my books.



This musing just made me chuckle that in my everyday life, I do really try to not judge anyone or anything by their outward appearance, yet as an author, I really hope that readers judge my books by their covers.

What do you guys think of this? Do you feel this way too?

That's all for now! Happy Monday!


2 comments: