Monday, March 12, 2018

Meredith's Monday Musings: St. Patirck's Day






Hi Guys and Gals!

Happy Monday! How are y’all doing? Are you excited for the holiday this upcoming weekend? I am! Just make sure that if you’re going to drink some Irish beer in honor of St. Patrick’s Day that you don’t drink too much. I don’t want any of you to get sick. 

Today’s Meredith’s Monday Musing post is all about: St. Patrick’s Day! 

St. Patrick’s Day is one of my favorite holidays. For one, I’m Irish and since St. Patrick is the patron saint of Ireland, we Irish love him even more. Here’s some fun facts about St. Patrick. The man wasn’t Irish. He was born in Great Britain, but got kidnapped and enslaved by Irish land lords. He worked for six years before escaping and returning to his home land. He became a priest and went back to the country that had enslaved him to spread Christianity. 



The history of this holiday always fascinates me. I don’t know about y’all, but if I was kidnapped, enslaved, and escaped; there would be no chance that I’d want to go back to the country that held me captive. It would bring back too many bad memories. But, that’s just me. 

Putting the history lesson aside, I also really like this holiday for the dinner that I eat during it. I make a traditional Irish meal of: corn beef, boiled turnips, cabbage, potatoes, and Irish bread. It’s all so delicious. I’m a huge fan of corn beef, but I’m an even bigger fan of corn beef and eggs. (Like ham and eggs, but corn beef instead of the ham). I know this all sounds crazy, but trust me, it’s delicious! 



On top of all of that, I really enjoy the myth of leprechauns. They’re fun little creatures that spread good luck. Who can go wrong with creatures like that? Plus, there are shamrocks everywhere and I like those too. 

That’s all I have for now. I hope that y’all have a happy and safe St. Patrick’s Day. 

Happy Monday! 



1 comment:

  1. I managed to write a speech after being inspired by this music. On https://gowritemyessay.com/blog/write-my-speech I managed to find writing help

    ReplyDelete