Monday, October 23, 2017

Meredith's Monday Musings: The Duggars







Hi Everyone!

Happy Monday! How are y’all doing today? I’m doing great! I have a busy, fun week planned ahead for me and I can’t wait to get started. 

Today’s Meredith’s Monday Musings topic is all about: The Duggars!

I have a confession to make, I enjoy watching the show, Counting On. For those of you who don’t know what this show is, it’s about the Duggar family and their daily lives. For those of you who don’t know who the Duggars are, they’re a super conservative family where the parents have 19 kids and several of their oldest kids are now married and have kids of their own. 



Before I go any further, I’d like to make it 100% clear that I don’t agree with any of the Duggars rules. I think women should be able to wear pants, get jobs, move out on their own, etc. I think that couples should be allowed to have kiss and have sex before marriage. I think Josh Duggar is a jackass and his wife Anna should have left him. I’m all for LBGTQ folks having the same rights as I do, a heterosexual woman. Like I said, I disagree with 100% of what they believe. 

With the above stated, there’s still just something about this family that makes them interesting to me to watch. One of the things is that they’re pretty funny to watch. In one episode, Kendra who is courting Joseph Duggar, has to ask her Dad’s permission to grab onto Joe’s arm when they’re on a roller blading date. To me, this is so sad that she has to do this that it’s actually funny. I try to put myself in her shoes and what my Dad would say if I asked him if I could touch the guy’s arm who I was dating when we were roller blading. My Dad would probably say he better already be holding your hand to help you. 




Besides the humor in this show, one thing that I actually do like is I know when I watch it that I don’t have to worry about any super graphic scenes or inappropriate language. Now don’t get me wrong, I’m a big girl, I’ve watched my fair share of shows with the above type of content in it. I’m fine with it all. However, sometimes it’s nice to be able to sit down and watch a show and know that I won’t have to hear any swear words or see a gruesome murder, etc. 

I’m sure that I’m going to get some heat from this post and that’s fine. Everyone is entitled to their own opinions. 

That’s all I have for today. I hope everyone has a great week!



1 comment: