Monday, March 27, 2017

Meredith's Monday Musings: The Big Bang Theory




Hi Everybody!

Happy Monday! Can you believe that it's already the end of March? I can't believe it! Can any of you? Today's Meredith's Monday Musing is all about: The Big Bang Theory!

I LOVE The Big Bang Theory! It has the right amount of drama, comedy, science references, romance, and action in it. The plot is fairly believable and the actors/actresses seem to have great chemistry with one another.

The thing that I really enjoy about it is, it focuses on the lives of characters who would normally get ignored. If you look at most of the shows today, the shows focus on characters who work in the healthcare field, as a lawyer, or as a cop. (This isn't to say that ALL shows focus on this, but I believe most do.) Anyway, I really enjoy that The Big Bang Theory focuses on nerdy scientists. It allows viewers to watch a show from the perspective that they usually wouldn't get to see. Viewers can discover that being a nerd is okay and can even be fun.



Furthermore, I really like that this show empowers women to join the science field. Sadly today, I feel like women aren't encouraged as much as men are to join the science field. This is really a shame. I hope for the women who watch this show and see that two of the main characters are women and in the science field, it'll give them the courage to go into that field too.

Additionally, I love all the Marvel, D.C, and Star Wars references in this show. Being a fellow geek myself, I can appreciate when the characters talk about their fan theories. It's also hilarious when Leonard and Sheldon dispute a theory and Sheldon gets so upset.



I also love that this show has "silent" references to some of the actors/actresses past shows. For instance, the actor who plays Leonard also stared in the show, Roseanne. He had a pretty steady girlfriend throughout that show and she's made several appearances on The Big Bang Theory to act like Leonard's girlfriend. Another example is the actress who played Penny also stared in the show, 8 Simple Rules. The actress who played her mother on that show, also played her mother on The Big Bang Theory.

Overall, this is a great show and I really enjoy watching it!

That's all for now. Have a great week, everyone!



No comments:

Post a Comment