Thursday, August 13, 2015

Ashe Barker is Visiting Today!



Hey Everyone!

Guess who I have on my blog today...Ashe Barker!! She just came out with a new book, titled A Scandalous Arrangement!


Hi Meredith, and thank you for inviting me over today to share a little from my latest release, A Scandalous Arrangement.
The story is set in Hebden Bridge, a gorgeous little industrial town in Yorkshire. Although mostly catering to tourists these days, it grew up around lots of small woollen mills in the industrial revolution so I wasn’t short of inspiration. This picture from the Tourist Board shows what the place looks like these days. I’m not sure what the current occupants would have made of Victoria and Adam’s unorthodox bargain though.

Here’s the blurb…

After a foolish wager costs her brother ownership of the weaving mill in Yorkshire which provides her income, Victoria Wynne is left with no choice but to confront the man who took the bet and seek to dissuade him from claiming his prize. Unfortunately for her, that man turns out to be Adam Luke, an experienced, ambitious entrepreneur who is intent on keeping what he won.

Upon meeting her, Adam is enchanted by Victoria’s beauty and charm as well as her nerve and self-reliance. Adam is a man of singular tastes, and when Victoria asks to manage the mill in return for a share of the profits, he offers her a bold proposal of his own. She will continue to run the mill as she has for years, but in return for a substantially larger portion of the profits she will also serve at his beck and call behind closed doors, submitting to him in any way he desires.

Wanting to earn enough money to buy back the mill as quickly as possible—and with some part of her shamefully aroused by the thought of kneeling naked at Adam’s feet—Victoria accepts his terms. But submission initially proves difficult for a woman used to running her own affairs, and soon enough she finds herself bare-bottomed over his knee for a firm lesson in obedience.

Adam’s plans for Victoria run much deeper than just an occasional spanking. She will be stripped naked, bound, and teased until she is aching for release, and then at last he will take her long and hard. As Adam continues to train her, teaching her to yield to his mastery while bringing her more pleasure than she ever thought possible, Victoria cannot help falling for him. But can a lifelong bond truly emerge from such a scandalous arrangement?

Publisher’s Note: A Scandalous Arrangement is an erotic romance novel that includes spankings, sexual scenes, anal play, elements of BDSM, and more. If such material offends you, please don’t buy this book.



Can we please have a snippet from your story now? (I LOVE that cover by the way!! I can't stop staring at it!)

Absolutely! Adam is giving Victoria much to consider.

"Are you sore, Victoria?"

She glanced at him. Adam was also looking at the stain. "I tried to be gentle, but I hurt you, I know that."

"You didn't, not really. At least, it did hurt but it was quick. Then, it felt, well..." She paused, uncertain how to describe the confused tangle of emotions coursing through her. She settled for something simple, but true. "It was good. Better than good." Then, as an afterthought, "I hope I am pregnant."

He served her a helping of meat and placed her plate in front of her. "Help yourself to vegetables. So am I, since that is what you desire. But as soon as you suspect, you must tell me. I would have no wish to harm you, or your baby."

Your baby. She had made it clear when she set out her demands that she expected no aid or support from him, and he had clearly taken her at her word. It was for the best probably, but still, his choice of word stung her. She gave herself a mental shake and dismissed her foolish musings. She would not dwell on that. Instead, she reached for the serving spoon.

"I doubt you would do that, Sir. Harm us, I mean." She selected several tiny carrots and a helping of rosary potatoes.

"If you were to become pregnant, there are certain things I would not choose to do with you. To you."

"Spank me again? Is that what you mean?"

"That, perhaps, though a spanking is not especially severe, or does not have to be. But a caning, now that's different entirely, especially if it is a punishment. I intend to be very careful with you, Victoria."

"I... I see." Caning? Oh Lord...

"You've gone pale, little one.

"I have never been caned, Sir. Not even as a child. At school. I do not allow it at Wynne's school either."

"I should hope not. Caning a child is cruel. A grown up caning though, for a woman with a lovely, enticing bottom such as yours - now that is entirely a different matter. I will demonstrate, later."

"I wish that you would not, Sir."


Oh! I can't wait to see how Victoria handles her first caning! I need to read this book right now! Since we got the blurb and a snippet, can we hear about you?

Sure! I’ve been an avid reader of fiction for many years, erotic and other genres. I still love reading, the hotter the better. But now I have a good excuse for my guilty pleasure – research.

I tend to draw on my own experience to lend colour, detail and realism to my plots and characters. An incident here, a chance remark there, a bizarre event or quirky character, any of these can spark a story idea.

When not writing – which is not very often these days - my time is divided between my role as resident taxi driver for my teenage daughter, and caring for a menagerie of dogs, rabbits, tortoises. And a very grumpy cockatiel.

I have twenty four (at the last count) titles on general release with publishers on both sides of the Atlantic, and I have several more in the pipeline. All my books feature BDSM. I write explicit stories, always hot, but they offer far more than just sizzling sex. I like to read about complex characters, and compelling plots, so that’s what I write too. Strong, demanding Doms are a given, often paired with new submissives who have a lot to learn.

I have a pile of story ideas still to work through, and keep thinking of new ones at the most unlikely moments, so you can expect to see a lot more from me.

I love to hear from readers. You can find me on my blog, and on the Totally Bound site. I’m on Facebook, and twitter and now on Tsu as well. I’m on Pinterest too, and Goodreads. 

After that teasing snippet, I know that all of you want to buy A Scandalous Arrangement! Amazon, Amazon UK 

Thanks for stopping by! 

Have a great day everyone! :-)  






No comments:

Post a Comment