Wednesday, May 10, 2017

"Where am I?" #HisLittleCaptive #WipItUpWednesday





Hi Everyone!

Today, I have a snippet for y'all from my newly released book, His Little Captive! Enjoy!



“Good morning, Lilly,” he greeted. His powerful well-muscled body moved with easy grace as he walked into the room and came to the side of the bed. “My name is Charles Davidson. How are you feeling?” Taking a seat on the edge of the bed, he leaned in, putting his hand flat on the mattress on the other side of my legs, effectively trapping me.
It’s okay, it’s going to be okay. I swallowed, trying to wet my parched throat. Slowly, I scooted away from him. I didn’t want to be close to this stranger.
A million questions raced through my brain, but I settled on the one that seemed the most imperative. “Where am I?”
He stared at me intently for a moment, his penetrating gaze making me wiggle underneath the covers. I didn’t like the feeling that he was x-raying me. It felt like he had stripped me bare and was watching me, waiting for me to make the first move.
In the silence, I realized that I hadn’t answered his question. “I’m feeling confused this morning and I’d like you to answer my questions… please.” Hopefully, my added please would soften him up to share the information I wanted.
He sent a half-smile my way, making my insides quiver a little.

Buy Link
Amazon

Have a great day!  




1 comment:

  1. Congratulations on the new release, Meredith! Intriguing snippet!! :)

    ReplyDelete