Monday, May 8, 2017

Meredith's Monday Musings: Book Pre-Order




Hi Everyone!

Happy Monday! How's your day going so far? Mine is going fantastic, especially because I have some exciting news to share! My new story, His Little Captive is going on pre-order in TODAY and it's coming out THIS Friday! Woot woot!

Some of you might be surprised, but today's topic for Meredith's Monday Musing is all about: Pre-order books!

I'm going to be honest with y'all, I don't know much about this topic, but I do have some basic information. To start with, for folks who don't know, a pre-order is where you can purchase a book on Amazon, but the book won't appear in your library until midnight the day of the book's release.

Now, I'm sure some of you are wondering, why the heck would I purchase a book when it's in pre-order? I don't get it any cheaper or earlier than anyone else, so I might as well purchase it on the release day. To be honest, you'd be 100% correct if you thought this.



However, here are my thoughts on buying pre-order stories. I enjoy buying books while they're on pre-order because I have a horrible habit of forgetting when my favorite authors are coming out with new stories. So, if I buy a book when it's for sale as a pre-order, I know that it'll show up in my Kindle library as soon as the release day comes and I won't forget about it then.

Additionally, I love reading when I wake up first thing in the morning. It's the perfect way to start your day. For me, in order to buy a book, I have to fire up my big computer, purchase the book, download it onto my Kindle, then I can begin reading it. Who wants to do all of that early in the morning? I sure as heck don't! So, by ordering a book on pre-order, when I wake up on the release morning, it's waiting in my library and I can start my day off right! :-)

Furthermore, as an author, the benefit of having your book for pre-order, as soon as your release day comes, you should hopefully have your Also Boughts already showing up. That would be amazing and a great way to help boost your books in the ranking. In addition, all the sales that you make during your pre-order time get "dumped" into that release day. So, if you're attempting to make it onto the USA Today Bestseller list, pre-order is the way to go.



Lastly, there really aren't any cons to buying a pre-order story. So, as a reader, why wouldn't you just do it? You don't lose any money, you're guarantee to get the book at midnight the day of the release, so what's there to lose for you? Nothing.

What do y'all think about books that are placed on pre-order? Do you love 'em or hate 'em?

That's all I have for now. I have to go and start creating some teasers to help promote my book. Have a happy day, everyone!



No comments:

Post a Comment