Monday, November 28, 2016

Meredith's Monday Musings: Vampires!




Hi Everyone!

 Happy Monday. I had a very productive week this weekend, so I'm super excited that it's Monday so I can have just as a productive week. :-)

Today's topic for Meredith's Monday Musings is...vampires!!

A few years ago, vampires were the best selling thing. There was Twilight, True Blood, Vampire Diaries, countless vampire stories in all genres, etc. Let's admit it, this was excessive, but it was what consumers wanted. I got a bit tired of all the television shows focused around vampires. Not that I didn't love True Blood or The Vampire Diaries, but I just got bored with the concept.



Flash forward to late 2016 and I'm ready again to start reading about some sexy vampires. There's only one problem...it seems like no publisher wants to publish a vampire story anymore because sales have tanked with them.

This frustrates me. I would love to read about and write a vampire story because I find them hot, but due to the vampire frenzy a few years ago, no publisher really wants to publish a vampire story now. I understand why, publishers are out to make money, not publish what Meredith wants, (I wish).



There's just something attractive reading about a hero who is a bit stronger, faster, and more handsome (cause let's face us, all vampires are extra handsome) than a regular male human. I also think that when a hero sucks the blood of the heroine, it's an extremely intimate act that they do together, that brings them closer together. Which to me, is super hot.

What do you guys think? Would you buy an erotic story that centered around a vampire hero or else would you ditch it?

Have a great day, everyone!



3 comments: