Happy Monday! I can't believe that we're already at the end of November here and Thanksgiving is this Thursday. Seriously, where is the time going?
Anywho, today's topic on Meredith's Monday Musings is: Being Thankful.
During the entire year, not just in the holiday season, I try to remind myself of what I'm thankful for. I have so many blessings each and every day, it's important to remember them, not just during November and December. However, I especially reflect what I'm thankful for doing these two months.
In this post, I'm going to name five things I'm thankful for.
1. The Author Community. This is probably one of the biggest things that I am thankful for throughout the year. I love that no matter what our author community supports one another by cheering each other on through our successes, giving love and support through the diffcult times, and most of all we stay respectable to one another. Being an author would not be near as fun if I wasn't apart of this community.
2. My Family. This is another huge thing that I am thankful for throughout the year. My parents and siblings are always there to help me in my time of need, support me in my goals, and celebrate with me in my accomplishments.
3. Electricity. I am beyond thankful for this invention without it, life would be almost near impossible. It would take much longer to travel to places because there'd be no cars and a very sad thought is, I wouldn't have gotten to known all of you lovely people because there'd be no internet without electricity. Plus, I'd likely starve to death since the majority of my meals are made using: a crock pot, electric stove, or microwave.
4. My Health. I have a friend who is a paraplegic, he can only move his head. One day, he told me that if I ever wanted to know how he felt, sit at a desk, put my hands on the desk and my feet planted on the floor and don't move them no matter what. I managed to keep still for about thirty five minutes before it became too much for me and I had to squirm. After that experience, I say a silent thank you to God everyday for waking up healthy.
5. Gum. I know that this sounds totally crazy, but I really am thankful for gum. I am a nervous person, and one thing that helps calm me down, is gum. I don't know what it is about gum, but being able to chew it (with my mouth closed, of course), just helps me relax and takes the stress away, normally. That's why, if you ever meet me, I'll always have a packet of gum on hand.
That's just the very tip of the ice berg on what I'm thankful for. There are SOO many more things, but I don't want to keep y'all here all day. ;-) What are y'all thankful for?
I hope that everyone has a very Happy Thanksgiving and if you go out Black Friday shopping, please be careful. Some Black Friday shoppers are viscous!
Happy Monday! :-)