Monday, November 7, 2016

Meredith's Monday Musings: Stormy Night Publications!




Hey Guys!

Happy Monday! I hope that y'all are having a good week! Today's Meredith's Monday Musing post is all about...Stormy Night Publications (SNP) and why I love working for them! For the record, I'm writing this post because I want to. I wasn't asked to do so. Everything written is my personal opinion.

So, I started working with SNP back in the winter of 2014. I had no clue what I was doing to be honest and was a ball of nerves. So, not much has changed in the past two years. ;-)

When I submitted my first story, Little Samantha's Choice to SNP, I didn't think that it'd be accepted, but to my utter shock, it was! From that day forward, I fell in love with working with them.



Jamie, the head editor at SNP is one of the kindest, sweetest, most awesome people I know. She takes her time editing my stories, making sure to catch my many grammar mistakes, and also any plot holes I might have. With her suggestions, she improves my stories tenfold. I've become such a better author because of her. (She does this for everyone, not just me, obviously.)

Korey is the one who designs the covers for SNP and it's always fun to work with her. She designs beautiful, sexy covers. I like to joke that she's a mind reader because I'll have a cover pictured in my head, but not be able to verbalize really well how I want it to be, and she'll create the cover for my book and it's like identical to how I had my cover pictured in my head. I'm very lucky that she has that ability and that SNP is so open with working with their authors on their covers. They put the 'group' in group effort. ;-)



James is the one who finalizes everything with stories and gives out the blurbs. Every time that I write a book, I am beyond happy that he writes the blurbs for me. I don't think that I could ever do it. Besides blurbs, he's the one to go to if you ever have any questions or need help with a story and the good lord knows, I ask him more questions than an author really should. Instead of getting mad, he takes the time to answer all of my questions thoroughly and promptly. He and I might get into disagreements on how things should be handled sometimes, but even though we disagree, I know that he's just looking out for the best interest of my books. Even so, that doesn't mean that I'm going to stop disagreeing with him if I feel like I have a valid point to argue.

I think the best thing about SNP truthfully is how much they teach their authors. Recently, they updated the way that they do their edits, to make the edits super thorough. I love this! The more edits I receive, the more that I learn, and the better that my stories become. Furthermore, I have learned some valuable life lessons from working with SNP. I won't get into what they were, but even though most of them weren't enjoyable to learn, I'm glad that I learned them while working with SNP because I know that it'll make me a better employee in my real life job.

SNP is just such a fun place to work. Jamie, Korey, and James have really made it to where an author can feel immense pride saying that they publish their books with SNP. They support their authors no matter what. They really try to make publishing a book a group effort, so the author feels included in what's going on.



Oh! I can't forget Chris. Sadly, authors don't really get to communicate with him all that much. Which that actually might be a good thing, because we authors can be a bit dramatic at times. (Y'all have to admit that's the case. I totally have a dramatic side.) Anyway, Chris runs the ARC program at SNP and he publishes our books onto the different websites that sell SNP books. Without him doing that, our books would not be near as successful as they are.

Every time that I hear stories about other authors being upset with one of their publishers because they did this or that, that upset them; I just smile and silently thank my lucky stars that I chose to work with SNP when I first became an author.

Enough gushing over my publisher. I hope that y'all have a great week!




6 comments:

  1. Thanks Mere - I think I might give them a try with my next book.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome post, Meredith. Jamie edited my ageplay book and came up with some damn good points that I never thought of. Korey does seem to know what type of cover fits the book almost as if she could see inside my head. James is very easy to communicate with. Very responsive to emails <3

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fantastic post and I echo every one of your sentiments! I'm proud to be an SNP author!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete