Monday, October 17, 2016

Meredith's Monday Musings: Writing an Age Play Scene!




Hi Everyone!

Happy Monday! How's it going? I have to admit, I had a hard time waking up this morning because I had a LONG weekend. I did not like that alarm clock when it rang.

Today's topic for Meredith's Monday Musings is not the one that I had originally planned to share for this week, but inspiration struck, and I'm going for it.

If any of you have been following my Facebook statuses, you'll see that I've been writing like a mad woman. In five days I have written over 22,000 words. That to me is crazy. But these muses are talking to me, so I'm going with it.

The story that I'm working on has a bunch of age play scenes in it. And that's what our topic is going to be about today...writing age play scenes!!



So, who here has written an age play scene before or wants to? Over the two years that I've been an author, I've talked to a lot of people and it kind of surprises me that the majority of those people tell me, "Writing an age play scene is hard." That statement is hard for me to understand. Normally, age play scenes are a cinch for me to write. It's those pesky sex and spanking scenes that give me so much trouble. Especially choreographing them. I've had one of my beta readers tell me before, "Umm...Meredith. The human body can't bend that way."

Anyway, I wanted to give away a few tips that I've discovered over the time that I've been an author that really help me get in the zone to make writing an age play scene easier. I have to warn you, some might sound silly, but they work. At least they have for me. Anywho...;-)



First, try listening to some Disney music or watching a movie/t.v show for little children. When I do this, it almost transports me back to the time when I had originally watched the movie/t.v show or listened to the song. I get a bit more goofy and relaxed and that transfers to my characters when I write my little scenes.

Next, try reading an age play book. The book can be one that you've read before or have just picked up. This is a great way to admire someone else's craft, but also get transported into the story and when you come out, hopefully, you'll still have the feel for the little headspace that you'd been reading about and that makes it easier to write an age play scene.

Here's one of my suggestions that might sound silly. Try writing an age play scene when you feel sleepy. The whole purpose of an age play scene is to feel lighthearted and relaxed. I find that when I'm sleepy, I'm less likely to be stressed about X,Y, and Z, so it makes it easier to write those fun scenes.



Another suggestion is, do an activity that you plan for your little to do. For example, color or snuggle with a stuffed animal. When you're doing that action, it helps you to understand your character's headspace a little bit better and that makes it easier to write the age play scene from your character's perspective.

Now here is one suggestion for authors who want to write a sexual age play scene. (I've never done this before, so I can't vouch for how much it'll help, but I'm predicting it will.) If you want to write a sexy scene between your little and Daddy, you can try playing the scene out with your significant other and afterwards, write about what just happened. Or if you don't have a significant other (which isn't a big deal), try playing the scene out in your head, with the help from your trusty B.O.B (battery operated boyfriend) and once you're finished with that, get to writing. I firmly believe, that if a scene you're thinking about writing can turn you on in real life, it'll be able to turn readers on when they read it in your story.

Lastly, (and this suggestion might sound silly too), close your eyes and try to remember a happy memory of when you were a child. Maybe it was when your Dad was reading you a bedtime story or you were baking cookies with your Mom. It can be anything as long as you were happy and the memory is from your childhood. After a couple of minutes of remembering that, open your eyes. Keep that sweet, innocent, happy feeling with you and get writing your age play scene.



The most important thing to remember when trying to write an age play scene no matter what type it is, is that age play is all about giving the little a chance to let go of their worries. That's why age play scenes most likely should be light hearted. You wouldn't have your character acting little if she was testifying during a trial. That would not be the time to be acting carefree. Possibly afterwards, her Daddy could buckle her into the car and they could drive off where he could take care of her after the trial.

My point is, age play scenes should be fun, and lighthearted, and make readers forget their worries for a while. So, that's how you should feel when you're writing one. Or, I think that's how you should feel when you write an age play scene. Who knows, maybe some age play authors feel really angry when they write their scenes, but I can't imagine how they do that, to be honest.

I hope that this helps at least one author, if not more. If you have any other suggestions on how to write an age play scene, comment!

Have a great week! :-)



1 comment: