Monday, January 29, 2018

Meredith's Monday Musings: Groundhog Day





Hi Everyone! 

Happy Monday! How are y’all doing today? Hopefully, well. I’m excited for this week because my favorite holiday is coming up! :-) 

Today’s Meredith’s Monday Musing topic is all about: Groundhog Day! 

I love Groundhog Day. I know, it seems like such a silly holiday to love, but I do. Why do I love it, you ask? Well for one, it’s such an underrated holiday. Call me silly, but I’ve always been fans of people, teams, things, etc that are underdogs/underrated. Someone has to cheer for them, right? 



Also, it’s just a holiday that is supposed to be fun and no stress. Don’t get me wrong, I love Christmas, Valentine’s Day, New Year’s Eve, etc, but all of those holidays are a lot of stress. You’ve got to make sure that you have presents for people and that your house is super clean and that you have everything you might possibly need for a party. Just writing about it has me clenching my teeth from stress. It’s a lot of work. With Groundhog’s Day, there’s no work involved. You just have to turn on your news and see if Mr. Groundhog saw his shadow or not. It’s easy peasy. 

Furthermore, it’s simply a fun and silly holiday. How many other times a year do we get to celebrate if an animal sees his/her shadow or not? Never. With how hard winter can be, it’s just a nice away to change up the pace of things. 



I have one question before I wish y’all a good day...do you think Mr. Groundhog will see his shadow and we’ll have six more weeks of winter or do you think he won’t see it and we’ll have spring early? I personally hope that he doesn’t see it and we’ll have spring early. We’ll have to wait and see what happens. 

That’s all I have for today. Happy Monday, everyone! 


2 comments: