Monday, February 12, 2018

Meredith's Monday Musings: Valentine's Day!





Hi Guys and Gals!

Happy Monday! Are you all excited for this week? This Wednesday is Valentine’s Day or Single Awareness Day if you don’t have a partner. ;-) It’s also the first day of Lent for all you Catholics out there. 

Today’s Meredith’s Monday Musing post is all about: Valentine’s Day!

I have a confession to make. I’m not a big fan of Valentine’s Day. I know, I sound like a bitter person. I’m really not. Here’s the thing, this holiday is focused pretty much on couples. So to begin with, if you don’t have a boyfriend/girlfriend, it makes you very conscious about that fact and most likely, make you a little blue about it. That’s not good. No holiday should make a person feel bad. 



Secondly, even if you have a boyfriend/girlfriend, then you have the added stress of what you should or should not get them. Who wants to have that stress? Plus, it kind of makes me sad that people need to have a holiday to specifically get grand gestures from their boyfriend/girlfriend about how they feel. Maybe it’s me, but I feel like people should express their feeling to their boyfriend/girlfriend and do gestures of affection for them all year round. Not just on a holiday that makes it where you have to. 

As I said earlier, yes I know that I sound bitter about this. I’m really not. It’s just a holiday that I think has some flaws in it. 



On one happy note, a positive thing about Valentine’s Day is the day after, all of the chocolate that didn’t sell gets marked on sale. Who doesn’t love a sale on chocolate? I know this chocolacholic does. ;-) 

That’s all I have for today. Happy Monday and Happy Valentine’s Day to everyone! :-) 


2 comments: